at the Durban Child and Youth Centre from left to right: Bongiwe
Buthelezi (Child & Youth Care Worker); Sarah Duthie (Office
Administrator); Peter Nyawose (Senior Child & Youth Care Worker);
with Steven Matthews (Trellidor Durban Central & South Sales
It seems that
even a home sheltering destitute children isn’t immune to robbery.
Trellidor Durban South recently came to the aid of The Durban
Child and Youth Centre, a Non-Governmental Organisation that
cares for children in need, securing their premises after a series of
The centre is
more commonly known as the Durban Children’s Home and has been
caring for children since 1905. They lost items such as an
entertainment centre and home theatre system, an urn, microwave oven,
food school bags and chairs in two burglaries. Fortunately the third
attempted break-in was unsuccessful.
receives 40% of its funding from government. The remaining 60% is
attained from donations and fund raising, so a loss like this is
devastating. The staff turned to the media to highlight their
plight, and raised awareness of their need for help through East
Coast Radio and Independent Newspapers.
The appeal caught
the attention of Mat Goetsch, owner of Trellidor Durban Central and
South, and the franchise came to the rescue, with the assistance of
Trellidor Head Office. Mat and his team installed Trellidor
Retractable gates on the doors and Burglar
Guard to the windows, using the flat bar to match some of the
existing burglar proofing.
“We were glad
to be able to help and appreciated the staff thanking us for being
‘the ultimate crime barrier’ in a lovely Facebook
post,” said Mat.
To find out how
you can help the Durban Child and
Youth Centre, please visit their website.
Find your nearest
Ordering your Trellidor is easy! We have over 70 stores around South Africa, so by booking an appointment with one of our trained security experts located near you, you will get the best deals and understanding about your home / business security.
Thank you for your interest in Trellidor. We have detected that you are browsing a version of our site that caters for an alternative country. To provide you with the best possible experience it is recommended that you proceed to your country-specific site. Would you like to proceed to this site:
Select a country:
Veuillez remplir le formulaire ci-dessous en nous fournissant vos coordonnées. L'un de nos conseillers communiquera avec vous dans les prochaines 24 heures afin de vous aider.
Por favor, preencha o formulário abaixo, fornecendo-nos os seus detalhes. Um dos nossos consultores entrará em contato com você nas próximas 24 horas horas para ajudá-lo.
Please complete the form below by providing us with your details. One of our consultants will contact you within the next 24 hours to assist you.
To keep up to date with our great show specials, product information and innovations, fill in your details below.
To find out the latest Trellidor news and product info, sign up for our monthly newsletter.